Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Dream on about even a half decent sitcom

Right.
I couldn't wait til Friday for Glee.
Yeah, I won't watch it on TV3 on Wednesdays anymore since the idiotic channel decided to show football, news and old people's society talk show last week.
Anyway, yeah, I watched Dream On online.
Ughh, I don't want to bitch about the show at all cause Kevin's on it, but...
It's just a big old pile of poop.

Seriously, what kind of a normal person sees anything sincere in it?
Except the sincere cheesiness.

So I read some previews of the show.
Big words were thrown around.

There is just no plausible emotion in the show.
It's all fake and all over the place.
They ram way too much stuff into one episode and it's just...shit.
Sorry to say.

Kevin's still hot.

And how dare they say the show is about not fitting in?
I've probably said it before but it's obviously not about that. Judging by the episodes so far the show is one long music video and the people working on it obviously have no idea what it's like not fitting in.
Maybe there is someone who knows what it feels like (and it's certainly not a cheesy, happy song kind of a feeling), but they're not in a position to throw their two cents in.
And if they wanted to represent emotions with songs then why the hell are all the songs so happy?
When I was going through hard stuff I listened to Slipknot and other bands like that, not sing along to Madonna's Like  A Prayer.

I'm very sure it's not me and that it's the show.
I'm not the only one who thinks it's crap.
And in comparison, That 70s Show is very very relatable and I could find this little but very very true clip from the show to put Glee in its place:



Well, the song's are still okay so I won't say anything bad about them, but everything else is just... ugh.
Oh and another positive thing - I'm glad they show Kevin quite a bit in this episode, makes the show watchable.

No comments: