Tuesday, January 08, 2013

remember the day clear as... day

So I've been so bored being out of work and college I've caught up with a writing bug. I haven't written anything new yet but here's and older piece:
Eks silita mu talvejalgu
tarkusevalus, ebemeis.
Kord kõnnin minagi su teed
kohusetundest, ebemeis.
Kord lähen üksi sobitama
sügispunaseid juukseid,
pruuni salli soojuses,
ümmargusi nööpe
ruudulisel mantlil
ülikooli kolmnurga,
mereannihautise ja
tiirasuse fuajeega.
Küll häbenen ma väikest,
oma luist keha, talvekasukas,
Pirogovil või Temple Bar’is.
Küll värisen ma kellegi süles,
peal, all või kõrval
tudengimeelsusest, põhjatuulest
või süütust hirmust.
Praeguseks silita mu talvejalgu,
tarkusevalus, ebemeis.
Kevadeks ma olen sile,
kuid aastaringselt
jooksuajaliselt töökorras.

It's in Estonian but there is so much reference to some special memories which I'm about to tell in English so...no problemo.The poem is about two things. First thing is, I don't wanna shave my legs in winter cause it's cold but you can still do me. Not shaving my legs won't make me less of a woman. I told that to a guy I was sort of dating at the time and he said no, it doesn't make me less of a woman, it makes me a hairy woman. :D
The other thing is college/uni. I soooooooooooo longed to go to a college or uni for years. It's about this wonderful day I had with a friend of mine, Taavet or David, that's what he was called in Ireland. Oh yes, it was written when I lived in Ireland.
So back to the wonderful day I had with my friend. We went to one of his college buildings (there were three of them, hence the reference to a triangle in the poem). We were in the lobby part of the building where we played pool. God, I can still remember the day clear as... day. Loved it so much. Then we went to this restaurant where I had pea chowder and Taavet had seafood chowder. He didn't eat much so I finished his food for him. Then we went to...oh god, I can't even remember what it was called now. Steven's Green garden in Dublin? And we saw students making out (hence the reference to "lobby carnality"). And we were in Temple Bar aswell, one of my fave places in Dublin. And I brought in Pirogov cause that's where students spend time in Tartu. And now, as a student I can say I've spent time there aswell. Haven't made out with anyone lying on the grass but I'm sure I'll do it one day. Yeah, that's about it. I just love that day soooo much! Oh and here's a pic taken on that very same day and the reference to my autumn red hair, checkered jacket and brown scarf:


I want

No comments: