Sunday, July 26, 2009

Strings!

God, how I love Antonio Vivaldi!
I'm really loving his Double Cello Concerto RV531 Allegro at the minute.
Also Flute Concerto Op. 10, No.2 'La Notte'.
Yeah, the titles don't really say much, but Vivaldi says it all!;)
Have been home alone which means I've played the violin a lot.

A small list for myself, consisting of songs I can play (mind you, I'm hardly grade 2):

  • Eanach Dhuin
  • Carrickfergus
  • Eleanor Plunkett
  • Brian Boru's March
  • An Bonnán Bui
  • Do You Remember that Night?
  • Cailin na Gruaige Doinne
  • The Fair Maid of Wicklow
  • Carrigdhoun
  • The Old Truigha
  • The Dawning of the Day
  • Port Gordon
  • Sally Gardens
  • Planxty Hewlett
  • The Banks of the Suir
  • The Old Resting Chair
  • Tabhair dom do Lámh
  • Planxty Connor
  • The Foggy Dew
  • The Month of January
  • Carolan's Concerto

That's just the songs from Ireland's Best Slow Airs book. Working on Bach's Gavotte from Suite BWV1012.

No comments: