Saturday, February 24, 2018

Fishy business

Okay, so here's the thing I wanted to post about for quite some time.
First, let's take a look at this old video:
There are three white fish. I wanna talk about the one who has a little red in the tail, the one in the vid's last couple of seconds.
This little guy fell ill last year. It started hanging out at the bottom of the tank. At first I thought it was sort of hibernating, sleeping a lot cause it was dark in the winter. Don't judge, I don't know fish.
But then it became clear it was sick. I wanted to separate it and give it some medicine or something. But I was told by the workers there there was no point cause it was physically sick. Apparently it got stuck in one of the ships and hurt itself. Before christmas break I was hoping it would die over the holiday cause it looked sick. But it didn't.
T'It was hard to see it suffer. I would feed the fish a couple of time. Not my job in general. And the sick guy couldn't position its body so that the head is upwards to eat the food floating on water. So heartbreaking. It would take it forever to even get to the top. Sometimes the other fish would push it up and around.
Anyway, this year, around valentine's day, it got really...dying. It wasn't just sick anymore, it was flatout dying, in agony. It needed to be killed to end its suffering.
So on valentine's day a guy took care of the fish. I dunno how but I hope it died that day. It deserved to.
But the place needs a certain amount of fish in the tank. So a new one was brought in.
This little red one. This was filmed on its first day in the tank. Maybe a couple of hours in if even that. It will grow a little bigger but it's a different fish. I was scared the bigger ones would eat it but it's alive to this day, luckily. I have fed the fish again to see if the new guy is eating. It is.
So this friends' day was good. The sick fish got relief and a new friend joined the gang.

No comments: